Pixel 2 xl black screen and google support

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Well I have contacted Google support multiple times I've had the Google pixel 2 XL for a month and they will not send me a new phone out of the box because the proximity sensor is broke on my phone they have been giving me the runaround and they have been not helpful at all into solving my problem anybody else having this issue or if anybody is looking at this do not buy anything from Google cuz it's crappy the way they you get treated because of their workmanship and the way that they back their product... I could not tell you if this was a hardware or software issue because I've only had the phone a month it has not been dropped they will not tell me anything about an update or any sort of fix for this issue so I'm trying to get a new phone so I know that for a fact that it was a defect in the production of this
phone... Anyone else having the same issue

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There may be something wrong in the way you're handling it.

I complained about my Pixel 2 being frozen on the bootloader screen after an update, and level 2 support "determined" that it was a hardware problem, and they were sending me a new phone. I refused to accept their diagnosis (I've been in this business since before cellphones, developing both hardware and software) so I found a way (totally unorthodox, but it doesn't violate the warranty) to "force-feed" the firmware into the phone. That was Saturday (and it took me until yesterday to recreate some of my data - it seems that some pretty lame apps can't read their own backups) - but the new phone, that arrived 4 days ago, is sitting in my mailbox, never opened the box, being returned to Google. (I called tech support, got the name of the guy who said that it's okay to just tape the RMA label to the outside of the phone, and had it noted in the record that I was returning the replacement.)

Nice experience all around, even though I had to sit on the phone about half an hour the first time (they called me, so who cares). Had a nice chat with the young lady that time, while we waited for level 2 to decide what to do. (The phone's over a month old, but the replacement is new, not refurb, because it was their fault that I needed a replacement [or so they thought].)