Question weatherbug not loading after restart after jan google play store system

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i haven't restarted my phone until last night after install jan google play system update not sure if i need to wait little longer then it will come up or what i didn't wait go click on app then it came up

so i don't know bug or what i guess i will try to wait se comes up i hope nothing matter with app because restarted numerous times in the past no issues i know takes a good few mins to load up in background will do an experiment next time i restart phone on s20 i hate have to now all of a sudden click on app after restart to have it come up because not loading on phone anymore like it should after restart

anybody still used weatherbug app on their phone see having issue with this or not

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying the Weather by Weatherbug app doesn't open at all? Have you checked to see if there are any updates for the app in the Play Store? Or have you tried clearing the app cache/data for the app in Settings>Apps, force stopping it, and then opening it again?

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
the app works just fine i'm just saying that used to when restart phone it takes a few mins to display the weather app upon restart i haven't tested to see if its takes a long time to load up as of yet and don't want to restart my phone again so not sure what is going on

perhaps it just take a good few mins to load and i need to wait longer i don't know last time app updated was on this past mon and again i haven't restarted my phone in awhile i prob wouldn't had restated my phone at all yesterday if i didn't go into google play system update check said new version and i install and it restarted phone to jan btw

i got all nervous trying to wait for it to load up after and just click on app then it came up i know sometimes after restart phone it does take a good few mins to load after restart to dsplay temperature in status bar

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
just did a system update restarted phone not coming up like it should seems something not right perhaps i need to install and install again i don't know or perhaps something do with newest update i shouldn't have to click on app load just for it to appear status bar why haven't anybody else comment meh

i can confirm that after i install back version 5.77.1-3 it came up after restarted like it normal should so it seems some sort of bug with 5.7.8 2-2 so i can either wait next app to update stay with 5.77 so it will come up like normally again or go to 5.78 2-2 and have to click on app make it show up after restart phone i guess i will email developer about this issue

i actually read this from a review from thurs App doesn't open automatically on Android 13 phone start-up after recent update. Also, there are less and less weather stations close to my location. Map + and - are gone. Not very useful. App isn't what it used to be.

so it seems there is a prob with app am not sure what to do if i can continue getting notifications within app 5.7.7 then i'm good if i have to upgrade 5.7.8.2.2 in order for notifications to work then i guess have to remind myself to apon restart open up sorry app so it will come up

man i hope email weatherbug will fixed the app i email android and customer service see what happens if any reply surely it will be fixed next time they update app meh

i don't want to uninstall it and yes i'm usually free version btw

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
again the only way it will work if i tap on app then it will appear if i clear date cache as oppose force stop it next time i do a restart it will not come up upon restart the new version 5.78 2-2 will not load at all when you restart and show me temperature in status bar and i just pointed out that it doing it somebody else somebody did a review why it not working android 13 all of a sudden

plus the fact that i did try uninstall and reinstall set it up the new version when i restarted phone i waited 30 mins it never came up so i asked you this do you want me to just update new version and next time i restart phone since we know it will not come up apon restart i have to click on sorry app so it will show up on status bar or do you want to used old version which when i do restart phone 5.77.1-3 it just take a few mins comes up which is from jan 18th and don't update until new version is up hopefully fixed problem i have yet to get a response weatherbug customerservice and android btw

you know it should always load in background when restart phone again i never had this issue up to 5.78 2-2 because ever time i update app and if i restart phone up to 5.77.1-3 it only take a good few mins to show up in past why 5.7.8 2-2 not doing it i don't know seems bug i shouldn't have to click on app all of a sudden when i restart phone newest version so it will come up and remain in status bar until next time i restart phone and do a repeat

i can confirm that notifications do still push out in 5.77 1-3 and i have uncheck mark not to auto update app as of now btw

i have asked numerous times if anybody have latest weatherbug app when you restart phone does it come up status bar like it should and nobody will not say nothing to me meh

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i haven't used that email will do it in a few mins i don't understand how come you got version 5.7.90 because play store only has version 5.7.8 2-2

you must be using elite i'm using free version tell me something when you restart your phone does weatherbug automatically comes up like it should in status bar or does it not show up unless you click on app then it will show up that's what latest version is doing to me on s20 plus android 13 btw

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
i haven't used that email will do it in a few mins i don't understand how come you got version 5.7.90 because play store only has version 5.7.8 2-2

you must be using elite i'm using free version tell me something when you restart your phone does weatherbug automatically comes up like it should in status bar or does it not show up unless you click on app then it will show up that's what latest version is doing to me on s20 plus android 13 btw
I'm not even using that app. I just checked Play Store for information to try to help you. It's possible that the newer version showed up for me because I have the newest Android device on the market right now.

Contacting the developers and ensuring the proper permissions are enabled should be useful for you nonetheless.

Reactions: mustang7757

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
ok this review was posted past friday The icon will not appear on the status bar. I checked my status bar settings (S23 Ultra), and weatherbug settings, they are correct, but still no temp in the status bar. It seems this app has been abandoned, or is very rarely updated, this is really frustrating. If you're not going to make sure your app works, remove it from the app store!!

hmm and i'm using s20 plus i been preaching this for days<-now i can attest if you click on the actually app it will then show up status bar but again when restart it won't come up and repeat the process over again<-which you shouldn't have to

despite the day before i posted this other review App doesn't open automatically on Android 13 phone start-up after recent update. Also, there are less and less weather stations close to my location. Map + and - are gone. Not very useful. App isn't what it used to be.

now i hope next time they updated weather app it will work again since they updated it past mon very odd this is happening so i assumed this isn't an issue with s20 phones but s23 phones as well? but like i said i'm using the one from jan 18th since that was last time working not using new version

Last edited: