Why is my music stuttering/glitching in Android music player after update?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

After updating my system, when ever I plug in earphones and play my music with the music player the files will randomly glitch/stutter. At first I thought it was a wiring issue with my earplugs but I've tried several and the those plus the ones I own work perfectly fine when plugged into any other device. Playing audio from youtube or other apps works well with and without earphones plugged in, so I also don't think it's an issue with the phone but maybe an issue with the update, music app, and plug?

I have an Samsung s8. Updated my phone system April 12th. Is anyone else having this issue and does anyone know how it could be fixed?

MonsoonMoon

May 2, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34311

That isn't a fix.

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this around the same time. I'm on a brand new Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1), and when listening via bluteooth, playback randomly stutters (like the buffer is overflowing). YouTube app corrects itself after a few seconds, but it really made me think that something was wrong with my phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, a buffer overflow normally results in the app crashing (it's one way quite a few DDoS attack work) - I think you mean music (or video) buffering, which is about the opposite, it's an empty buffer waiting for more data.)

Second, if it only stutters on Bluetooth but it's okay on speaker, make sure you don't have the earphone (or the earphone with the electronics in it, if it's a 2-earphone setup) and the phone on opposite sides of your body (the phone in your pants pocket on the side opposite the earphone is even worse). Bluetooth earphones are Class 3 devices, which means less than 10 meters in clear line of sight. Through a human body, when most of us is water, and Bluetooth (and wifi) run close to the resonant frequency of the water molecule (which is why microwave ovens work)? Right ear to left pocket usually means 2 feet of human to get through. Or more. And that can cause intermittent signal as you move, or even breathe. Just moving one of them to the other side (or turning a pair of headphones around, ear-to-ear) can fix that problem.

(And with everyone worrying about radiation, you don't want the earphones pumping out 100mW of signal [Class 1]. They do sit pretty close to your brain.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty