Can you connect 2 tablets together to watch a video on both with sound using an OTG cable?

foxxydj

Apr 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi.

Is it possible to connect 2 tablets together so that whatever is playing on the 1st tablet can be viewed at exactly the same time with sound on the second tablet using an OTG cable or other wired connection? I have tried mirroring the 2 together through wifi and direct wifi but there is always a slight delay between the 2 so it does not work for my purpose. Basically, on a long car journey I want to play a film on one tablet and be able to view it on the second tablet at the same time with sound for my 2 kids to be able to watch it together. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, digital doesn't work like analog. There will always be two signals sent, one to each tablet. And they'll always be slightly different in timing. (Call someone who's on a cellphone in the same room you're in and try to carry on a conversation when you can each hear each other both in the phone and directly. It can drive you crazy.) It's the same thing if you have 2 TV sets in the same house, both on cable boxes. They're "out of sync. Always.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024