Samsung S7 apps not working on wifi

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Looking to find out why my S7 wont connect properly !
We have recently connected a second router to our main router to extend the range. My S7 appears to be the only device not working on the wifi. My partner has her J5 working fine, PS4 works fine, and all other devices seem to work fine ,
Second router has DHCP disabled and it's own static IP.
I have tried rebooting my phone, rebooting both routers. Resetting network settings on my phone and uninstalling and reinstalling apps. Cleared cache and data on the apps and phone too.
Strange thing is apps work fine connected to wifi at work and at other places on wifi. Just seems to be my phone on the home Wi-Fi that doesn't work ??
Main router is a HG659 second repeater router is an UltraHub connected via Ethernet cable with it's own SSID.
If this has been answered on another thread please let me know

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Second router has DHCP disabled and it's own static IP.
In the same subnet as the first router? (IOW, if the first router shows the gateway as being at 192.168.1.1, is the second router's address 192.168.1.something? It has to be, and it has to be outside the range of the first router's DHCP server.)

Main router is a HG659 second repeater router is an UltraHub connected via Ethernet cable
LAN jack on the UltraHub connected to a LAN jack on the HG659?

with it's own SSID.
On its own channel?

Wired Bridge with two WAPs using the same SSID is really the proper way of doing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance