Hello,
    On my phone I have restrict background data enabled, mobile data disabled, roaming disabled and only wifi turned on.

In google play I have automatic updates turned on with only on wifi. It updates in the house so I have a strong signal.

What I've noticed is every time an update is performed it is 'leaking' mobile data, and always through the 'android OS' app.

It's only a few Kb, but this is on a pay as you go plan so every one of these few kb is costing money.

Any idea how to stop this when everything seems to be disabled for mobile data?

thanks.
    05-25-2018 04:13 AM
    A few kilobytes here and there are inevitable. It must surely be costing you very little money.
    05-25-2018 05:38 AM
    Why is it inevitable, data is turned off so it shouldn't be leaking. If I turn my tap off I don't expect it to still be running...

As for cost, it's actually not my phone but a relative's, because they are on a phone plan, that few bytes starts the 'daily data plan', so it's 65p.
    05-25-2018 07:28 AM
    In that case, the only way to prevent it would probably be to remove the SIM or use Airplane Mode. PAYG for me costs 1p/mb so a few kilobytes would cost a vanishingly small amount. It’s inevitable because of a small amount of background data traffic between carrier and phone, whether or not the phone is used in the normal way.
    05-25-2018 08:01 AM
    ok, cheers, it's always 'android os' and always when wifi kicks in to do an auto download. I'll just tell him to get a better plan. He said he's going to buy another phone, but I suspect it'll do the same thing...
    belodion likes this.
    05-25-2018 11:54 AM
    I use PAYG on the Three network. Unused credit does not expire after 30 days, as it does on with most other providers.
    05-25-2018 12:11 PM