I'll be connected to my home wifi and using it with no problems, and then it will disconnect and disable the network. Then unbeknownst to me I start using up my data. It will not automatically reconnect like I'm used to on other phones, I have to constantly manually select the network. The wifi works just fine on every other device in the house. There is no "smart wifi" option that I've read about when researching this problem. I have not seen any posts about an LG stylo 3 having this specific issue and it doesn't help to read trouble shooting advice for phones that aren't an LG stylo. Hoping someone can help me.
    06-09-2018 12:00 AM
    It could be disconnecting for a number of reasons, but before getting into that, when you're on wifi, turn off mobile data.

If you get close to a microwave oven that's running, and you're on 2.4GHz wifi, the oven will interfere with the wifi. (Wifi maximum radiated power is 4 Watts, a microwave oven can be 1,200 Watts, and the power falls off as the square of the distance, so if you're 10 times as far from the router as you are from the oven, even if they were running the same power level, the microwave signal would be 100 times as much as the wifi signal.)

If you're on 5GHz wifi, and the house is large, so the signal is going through a few walls (even sheetrock), it can weaken the signal enough that you disconnect.

You may have a neighbor using the same wifi channel that you are. If you get to a position that the neighbor's signal is stronger than yours, you lose yours (and disconnect).

If you're directly under or over the router, routers fire horizontally, so - especially if you're using 5GHz - the signal is going to be weak enough to disconnect you as you pass the dead spot. Especially if the router is in the basement and you're on the second floor (or the reverse).

The antenna cable (inside the phone) could be loose.

The wifi transceiver could be intermittent.

Troubleshooting wifi problems is an entire field, and it's a difficult one to do when someone is there with test equipment. Doing it online, with no information other than "my phone disconnects" is - at best - a guessing game.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-09-2018 12:29 PM
    I am having the same issue. I have been doing the same thing foe years before this issue began recently. Nothing has changed in my house not a new phone not new service not a new router. it will turn off while I am using it. It keeps saying my home network is disabled. and It will not connect automatically.
    08-07-2018 09:33 AM
    Did anyone figure out the issues? I started recently having the same problem. It started about 2 weeks ago when we got a new Wi-Fi box.
    But I don't know how to fix it or what to do seeing as my stylo 3 is the only phone connecting then randomly dropping the internet and saying disabled.
    Anything will help. Please and thank you.
    08-08-2018 02:53 PM
    my wife, step daughter and i have the LG Stylo 3 phones through Cricket and we are having the same problem. I've tried numerous things to fix this but with no prevail. it seems the only thing effected is our phones everything else works just fine on our WiFi. this just started for us about a week ago. and our Lg stylo 2's work just fine on our WiFi with no problems.
    08-10-2018 11:35 AM
    My LG Stylo 3 is doing the same thing...what is up?
    08-11-2018 08:14 AM
    so for me and my family i found out that you have to do this.

-go into settings
    -click on WiFi
    -click on WiFi manager
    you will see a box that is checked, uncheck it. all that does is switch you from mobile data to WiFi if WiFi is available. and then i had to have my phone not auto connect to open WiFi hot spots. since i did all this i havent lost my connection and neither has my wife. i hope this helps you all.
    hokage0kitt, halysep and songroyal like this.
    08-15-2018 06:04 PM
    I am having the same issue as everyone else with my WiFi constantly disconnecting.

I am trying out Jim03160's solution - so far so good! (It has been a few minutes and usually it has disconnected in this amount of time)

Edit:
    I'm back and went the entire rest of my day without disconnecting from the wifi!
    halysep likes this.
    08-24-2018 03:54 PM

-go into settings
    -click on WiFi
    -click on WiFi manager
    you will see a box that is checked, uncheck it. all that does is switch you from mobile data to WiFi if WiFi is available. and then i had to have my phone not auto connect to open WiFi hot spots. since i did all this i havent lost my connection and neither has my wife. i hope this helps you all.

Worked. Wi-Fi no longer gets disabled. It was a little hard to find the manager but it's right there at the top of the drop down menu press and hold and you'll see the Box to check
    halysep likes this.
    09-07-2018 05:04 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I assume it is set this way to use more data. I can not see the manager. I only see add wifi, saved wifi and advanced. I turned off all in advanced. Did not see any check boxes.
    09-13-2018 08:48 PM
    I have an LG Stylo 3 myself and it does the same thing. I still haven't figured out why either. It doesn't matter what network it is it will disconnect and disable it and I start using data.
    09-14-2018 07:35 PM
    This is also happening to me and my better half. We just switched to cricket about 2 weeks ago, we each bought the stylo 3. My other half had the stylo 2 and really liked it so we thought the stylo 3 would be a good choice. Wrong! I just completed the dreaded factory reset and nothing has changed so I've just turned mobile data off. We are on a limited data plan because we have never used a ton of data but this issue is eating our data up like crazy. If it weren't for the fact we outlayed a few hundred dollars to switch and get phones and cases, I would be going back to my previous carrier and trashing these awful phones. These phones are deliberately disabling the Wi-Fi and i have no idea why. It will even say that the network has been disabled and we'll have to go in and choose to connect. This is in our home where the signal strength is good or great. We have never had this problem before so it is very frustrating. I think this will be my last LG.
    10-07-2018 08:26 PM
    I followed Jim03160's fix for this problem and it definitely works. I am repeating the steps here:

"-go into settings
    -click on WiFi
    -click on Cricket Wi-Fi manager at the top of the page
    -uncheck the box for Cricket Wi-Fi manager.

All that does is switch you from mobile data to WiFi if WiFi is available. and then i had to have my phone not auto connect to open WiFi hot spots. since i did all this i havent lost my connection and neither has my wife. i hope this helps you all.
    "

I did this two days ago and it hasn't disabled the wi-fi since.

Thanks Jim03160!
    10-11-2018 04:44 PM
    For three months straight, I've been on YouTube and Google and I had no help until I saw your response.
    You are the man!!!!
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!
    Jim03160's
    10-24-2018 01:49 PM
    I also tried Jim03160 solution. It worked, thanks Jim.

But now I'm pretty upset because the very features that are supposed to help you keep from using your cellular data up in fact do the opposite, ensuring you use up your data. I find it hard to believe Cricket is unaware of this issue because they have done nothing to correct it, and Cricket has historically gone to great lengths to keep customers. I concider this a tactic to get people to buy a higher data plan. I don't know about you guys, but when I'm out of "high speed data" it isn't just slow, it doesn't work at all. This issue has actually caused me problems I won't go into here... I'm upset at Cricket.
    03-18-2019 08:40 PM

-go into settings
    -click on WiFi
    -click on WiFi manager
    Bro i dont see wifi manager at all on my phone and i really wanna fix this issue. Please help
    04-03-2019 07:45 AM