I have a Samsung on5. When i go into Play store and look at a song I bought it says Listen but when I try it goes into music sync for hours. I just my songs back.
    06-12-2018 04:40 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm assuming you bought the music from the Play Store's Music section, and not a separate app in the Play Store. Open Google Play Music and select Music Library. Do you see it there? Remember, the music is available for streaming from the cloud. If you want it saved to the phone for offline listening, you can download it, but you won't be able to manipulate the file -- it's for offline use by the app only.
    06-13-2018 12:20 PM
    Thank you for answering. I did get the songs from Google Play. When I go to my music library there is nothing. I made sure the Download only button is Off. I am new to this. I think it happened when I cleared the app's data (trying to save space).
    06-13-2018 01:34 PM
    The data for a music playing app is the music. The data for a photo app is the photos. You can clear the cache, but don't clear the data unless you want the app to start from scratch. (Podcast apps' data are the podcasts, etc. About the only thing that might not hurt is clearing the data from, say, a solitaire or poker app - all you're losing are your stored scores.)
    06-13-2018 02:29 PM
    Ok thank you. Is there a way to retrieve the songs?
    06-13-2018 02:36 PM
    The thing is, if you bought the song in the Play Store, it should be available on your Play Music app, assuming it's logged in with the same account that you used when you bought the music. Open Play Music, tap Menu>Settings, then tap Refresh. Now go back to the Music Library, and tap Artists, Albums, or Songs. Does it show up there?
    06-13-2018 06:37 PM