He has been getting all my messages incoming and outgoing also all my Facebook info. But I can't find it in my phone to uninstall it. Please help me I feel like a child or something. I can't even have a private conversation
    With anyone without him knowing. And I'm not even doing anything wrong he's just paranoid or insecure.
    06-16-2018 12:12 AM
    Factory reset if you have malare. Then get Norton or similar and use your secure folder whenever you loan your phone.
    06-16-2018 04:54 AM
    The best way - sit down and have a conversation with him. The point of these apps is to do their job without being visible, and some will even prevent doing the reset as mentioned above, to prevent someone from doing that to remove the app. Not to mention the possible issues you'll cause with him by trying to get rid of it.

As painful as it may be to consider, is it worth being with him if he's going to be this way?
    Rukbat likes this.
    06-16-2018 08:22 AM
    If he is actually spying, then you indeed need to reevaluate your relationship. From what you've said so far, is it possible this is isn't actual spying.

Many times when people think they are hacked, it's because they aren't familiar with how certain things work. For instance, you said he's getting your messages and Facebook info. Have you ever logged into your account from his phone or shared your login info with him? If so, he would get that on his phone until your account is signed out because it syncs across any logged in device. If you have something like Google Photos backing up your images and he's also signed in to your Google account, he could see those.

Whether or not you wish to confront him about it is going to be a personal choice. What I would do in that mean time is get a password manager (I prefer Last Pass), and use that to help change all of your passwords to unique and strong passwords. Also check the options in your various accounts to log out all sessions (I know Facebook has this in their privacy/security settings) and turn on two factor authentication wherever possible. If he says anything about it, just say you've been reading about how it's a good idea to occasionally change passwords with all the major hacking going on. This isn't just an excuse; you should change them about every 6 months or so anyway.

If you still suspect he's spying and have actual evidence of it, then I would reset the phone to remove any spy apps and change passwords again in case the new ones were caught by a key logger. Just make sure to write down that new Google password you made before you reset. When setting up the phone, you may not have access to the password manager to retrieve it. You'll need it to get back into your phone.
    Rukbat likes this.
    06-16-2018 09:38 AM
    I'd go along with what both hallux and Mooncatt said, but with one change. Last Pass costs. Keepass2Android Password Safe is free, allows you to choose your own backup (I use Google Drive to keep it usable on all my devices) and is just as secure.
    06-16-2018 01:18 PM
    I'd go along with what both hallux and Mooncatt said, but with one change. Last Pass costs.
    That use to be the case, but they changed a few months back. Now the cross platform access is free (it use to be only desktop access was free). They did raise the premium access to $24/year, but it's not required. I do feel it's a great value, though, if only for the better customer service access. Not that I need it often. Lol
    06-16-2018 01:32 PM
    I noticed (which is why it took so long to get back on this - I installed it). Then there was a hidden popup when I tried to download something from Play. I guess I'm just more familiar with KeePass.

(Although the site says that I'm on a 30 day free trial, so I guess it's not really free. KeePass is - one platform, cross-platform, family - it's all free. And it's OSI certified [open source].)
    06-16-2018 03:08 PM
    I noticed (which is why it took so long to get back on this - I installed it). Then there was a hidden popup when I tried to download something from Play. I guess I'm just more familiar with KeePass.

(Although the site says that I'm on a 30 day free trial, so I guess it's not really free. KeePass is - one platform, cross-platform, family - it's all free. And it's OSI certified [open source].)
    They may be giving you the all access premium trial. This blog entry explains the changes they made, including what is available free (not just a free trial).

https://blog.lastpass.com/2017/08/up...l-lineup.html/

Regarding security and such, this video sold it for me.

Fast forward to 1:13:00 to see the discussion on how secure it is. It's a bit of a long and somewhat geeky discussion, so I'll summarize it. They never get your personal vault info, and all encryption is done locally. What that means is, because they only get a heavily encrypted data blob, they couldn't turn over your vault even if subpoenaed and not even the NSA would likely crack your info from the blob. They don't even store your password or offer a reset function if you forget it. If you forget your master password, the best they can do is give you your hint, which you make up yourself to remind you of what the password is. If you still can't remember and don't have it stored elsewhere, then you're effectively locked out of your account forever. They don't play around with your privacy.
    06-16-2018 05:07 PM
    They may be giving you the all access premium trial. This blog entry explains the changes they made, including what is available free (not just a free trial).

https://blog.lastpass.com/2017/08/up...l-lineup.html/

Regarding security and such, this video sold it for me.

Fast forward to 1:13:00 to see the discussion on how secure it is. It's a bit of a long and somewhat geeky discussion, so I'll summarize it. They never get your personal vault info, and all encryption is done locally. What that means is, because they only get a heavily encrypted data blob, they couldn't turn over your vault even if subpoenaed and not even the NSA would likely crack your info from the blob. They don't even store your password or offer a reset function if you forget it. If you forget your master password, the best they can do is give you your hint, which you make up yourself to remind you of what the password is. If you still can't remember and don't have it stored elsewhere, then you're effectively locked out of your account forever. They don't play around with your privacy.
    It's an 8 year old video. How accurate is it today?
    06-16-2018 05:22 PM
    It's an 8 year old video. How accurate is it today?
    Regarding the security, if anything it's better. There are some things that no longer apply, but the meat and potatoes should still be applicable. I like that video because it goes deep into explaining the security methods without being so technical that only IT people can understand it.
    06-16-2018 05:25 PM