Removing 'Galaxy Apps'

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've had notification from Samsung (I presume) about an app named Galaxy Apps which takes data from your mobile. I cannot remember downloading this app but I've been warned that it's malicious.

Neither can I remove it. Is there a way to remove it firstly and can these apps be downloaded on to your phone without permission?

I'm better off not typing any passwords until it's removed??

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

First, Galaxy Apps isn't malicious - it's the Samsung app store and it comes pre-installed on all of their phones. It's not going to steal your passwords or any other personal data. If you want to be extra-careful, you can prevent it from reading your personal information by doing the following:

Settings->Apps->Galaxy Apps
Permissions
Turn off Contacts and Phone (it still needs access to storage so it can install updates to pre-installed Samsung apps - if memory serves me correctly, some of these apps aren't available in the Google Play Store)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.