Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
A few procedures that I personally find helpful after installing an update or if I encounter issues are wiping the phone's temporary Cache Partition and using the Galaxy Apps Booster.

Wiping the Cache Partition is considered best practice after a major firmware update and can solve a lot of issues, such as lagging and apps foreclosing. This does not affect your data and is very simple and easy to perform.

Whilst in Recovery mode you can also select the option to, "Repair apps", in case you are experiencing app issues. (N.B. This feature appears to have been removed in the ONE UI 6.1 update)

This video will show you how to clear your phone's temporary Cache Partition of any corrupt files and detritus that may cause issues for you. It works on both the Z Fold and Z Flip series devices.

(NB. Connecting your device via USB may only be needed for the international devices)

I also use the Galaxy Apps Booster as well, which can be found in the, "Good Guardians", app in the App drawer of Android 13> on some models.
If you do not have Good Guardians in the App drawer, it can be downloaded from the Samsung Store along with its component apps. The app is available only in the USA, Europe, Vietnam, South Korea, and China for flagship devices. See screenshot.

Simply run the Galaxy App Booster. If it is your first time using this app it can take awhile to finish. Subsequent runs are around 4 min's.

You may also wish to try out some of the other apps in Good Guardians

Good Guardians

GOOD GUARDIANS Screenshot_20230816_132708_Good Guardians.png

Galaxy App Booster

GALAXY APP BOOSTER Screenshot_20230816_133000_Galaxy App Booster.png

See, also...“Magic Trick” of Galaxy App Booster

(It may be useful to bookmark this post for future reference)

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
You've taught me well 😉 I do the "Big Three" (Cache Partition wipe, Repair Apps, Galaxy App Booster) after every update... I haven't had any issues since I started 👍

On my U.S. Flip 3 I go into recovery mode while it's plugged into the wall charger, since I have it plugged in while updating anyways... but I don't think you have to actually have it plugged in at all.

And I definitely consider Good Guardians and Good Lock necessities 😉

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
You've taught me well 😉 I do the "Big Three" (Cache Partition wipe, Repair Apps, Galaxy App Booster) after every update... I haven't had any issues since I started 👍

On my U.S. Flip 3 I go into recovery mode while it's plugged into the wall charger, since I have it plugged in while updating anyways... but I don't think you have to actually have it plugged in at all.

And I definitely consider Good Guardians and Good Lock necessities 😉
The USB plugged in only seems, as mentioned in post #1, to apply to the international devices.

Like yourself @J Dubbs, I have had no issues by doing the, "Big Three". Better safe than sorry. :)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The USB plugged in only seems, as mentioned in post #1, to apply to the international devices.

Like yourself @J Dubbs, I have had no issues by doing the, "Big Three". Better safe than sorry. :)
Nothing wrong with wiping the cache partition after an update, but it definitely isn't necessary in 99.999% of cases.

I don't think I've wiped the cache partition on my S23 once and it is absolutely fine. To be fair though, the only real reason I don't bother is because I'm too lazy to connect it to a computer lol. I probably will after Android 14/OneUI 6 though.

I do run the app booster, Because I don't have to connect to a computer lol.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter