Galaxy S7 disconnects Wi-Fi when screen is off

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I lock my phone, even though it is connected to the wifi at the time, when I unlock it it takes a minute or two to reconnect to the wifi. Meaning I don’t get my notifications and emails unless I unlock my phone and let it connect it to the wifi once more. This never used to happen, and has only started in the last few months. In my phone settings it is set to receive notifications even with it is asleep or locked. I’ve tried restarting my phone, but I still have the same issue. I’ve forgotten my wifi network, and reentered the password but I still have the same issue. Tried another wifi router and same issues appeared. N.B. Power saving mode is off.
Any support is appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say you tried another wi-fi router, was that still with your own wi-fi network, or a different network? Does this also happen when connected to a public network, like at your local library or coffeeshop?

torony

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Different wifi router with different ISP...public wifi routers...all lead to the same result. As soon as the mobile is turning off the screen (going into sleep mode) im loosing the connection. Once the mobile is on again (screen on), i start receiving the onhold messages again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Go to Settings>Data Usage -- is Restrict Background Data turned on?

You mentioned already that you don't have any 3rd party battery-saver apps installed. How about "RAM booster" or similar apps?

torony

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Read an article over the net for someone who faced the same problem and he assumed that it started occuring after he updated the phone software. He tried everything including the reset/flash...His problem was solved for a while then he was back to square 0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Read an article over the net for someone who faced the same problem and he assumed that it started occuring after he updated the phone software.

I've been seeing a bunch of complaints about the Oreo update on the S7, so if this started happening after that, then it may be another thing to add to the list.:-\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19