Question Is Android better with signal than iOS?

GLMidnight

Jan 8, 2024
Visit site
Hi. I’ve been having issues with signals and other similar things recently on iPhone - because I’m using a dual SIM setup, I have access to 2 networks (Three(SMARTY)/EE(LycaMobile)).

However, sometimes Three’s signal is better than EE (EE is my preferred data since it’s good at home) when I’m out and about, the iOS does not prioritise signal and just prioritises the default over the other regardless of how bad it may be, despite if I don’t have any signal which is the only time it switches.

Will Android be able to switch mobile data’s if I have poor signal on my default (aka if the backup’s faster)? And will WiFi/VoLTE calling actually work (it also does not use it even if it offers so, it just goes to 3G which isn’t good as it’s being discontinued in the UK).

Thanks

Reactions: Paulxxxxx

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I’ve been having issues with signals and other similar things recently on iPhone - because I’m using a dual SIM setup, I have access to 2 networks (Three(SMARTY)/EE(LycaMobile)).

However, sometimes Three’s signal is better than EE (EE is my preferred data since it’s good at home) when I’m out and about, the iOS does not prioritise signal and just prioritises the default over the other regardless of how bad it may be, despite if I don’t have any signal which is the only time it switches.

Will Android be able to switch mobile data’s if I have poor signal on my default (aka if the backup’s faster)? And will WiFi/VoLTE calling actually work (it also does not use it even if it offers so, it just goes to 3G which isn’t good as it’s being discontinued in the UK).

Thanks
As only one SIM can be active at any given time until you manually switch it over, no.

No idea about Wi-Fi calling as I don't use it.

Reactions: GLMidnight

Ruchi Chandel

Mar 28, 2024
Visit site
Android devices generally support Wi-Fi calling, allowing you to make calls over Wi-Fi networks when cellular signal is weak. You can usually enable this feature in the phone settings, and it should work as long as your carrier supports Wi-Fi calling and you have a stable Wi-Fi connection.