Hi. I bought a USB type c to hdmi cable to watch my phone on my tv. It works and I can hear and see it on the tv but when its connected i lose my 4g lte signal. It goes all the way to nothing like it shuts off the internet. I need the internet to watch Netflix and YouTube and other things I want to do on my tv but this kind of defeats the whole purpose of getting the cable if it's a feature that's supposed to happen. Is this normal or a defect ? Thanks
    dinger4u likes this.
    06-21-2018 01:51 AM
    It would help to know which device you're using, but I'm pretty sure that's not a feature. Now, the thing to check is if the phone is recognizing the cable as an USB LAN Tether and thinking it will get data from the USB Connection (thus switching off mobile data, just as if you were to connect to WiFi).

If when you connect the cable your signal 'dies' it could also be that the cable is causing a short or a bad connection (and that can be dangerous and damage your phone). Make sure the cable is from a reputable source, is compatible with your phone, or at least has very good REAL reviews and you are connecting it the way it needs to be.
    06-21-2018 03:48 AM
    https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-uni-T...cUvbUpU6270337

I bought that cable and I have the Samsung galaxy s8. When I plug it in the 4g lte sign goes away and I have an X over the signal bars. How do I check if its seeing it as a USB tether?
    06-22-2018 08:44 AM
    If you're seeing an X over the signal this means NO signal. That's not the phone using USB LAN, that's your phone losing signal altogether. There's something wrong with your USB adapter and I would stop using it immediately.
    06-25-2018 02:21 AM