Why is my keyboard not showing up in Facebook?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have tried writing posts on Facebook, but the keyboard doesn't pop-up. It appears for writing comments, but not posts on the main feed, other people's walls, or event pages.

I switched to Google Keyboard and it worked for a second, but now even that it acting up.

The keyboard works in all other apps, Messenger, Text, etc... but I have no idea why it's doing that with Facebook.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you deleted all data, do you mean you went to Settings>Apps​, selected Facebook, and Cleared Cache/Data?

Robb Jones1

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I was able to fix this on mine by disabling smart pixels. Smart Pixels is a battery saving option that I think is a part of my ROM so I'm not sure if everyone else has it necessarily. But that definitely fixed it for me.

Shannonzz

Jul 5, 2018
Visit site
So is mine! Keyboard not popping up when i want to write a facebook post, but works fine when replying comments.

So frustrating!

I don't have no smart pixels on my note 5, so can't try that!

Any help pls!

Royal Meatness

Jul 6, 2019
Visit site
I have a samsung j7 refine. In the internet settings there is an "ask websites not to track you" option. If that is on, your keyboard will not pop up in Facebook. Turning that off should fix your problem by allowing Facebook to track you again.