How do i unlock my Galaxy s7

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Today i tried out the thumb print security feature , then accidently my phone turned off. Now anytime i try to unlock it, this message pops up everytiem .

"Your device was restarted and needs to be unlocked using a password. You can use your finger print next time you unlock your device. Your password must contain atleast 4 characters and including atleast 1 letter."

Please help me with this. I dont even remeber having to write a code like that for my phone. What should i do?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So, before you tried the fingerprint you had no unlock code? When you set up the fingerprint it should have asked you to set up the backup code. Most recent versions of Android encrypt the device, this requires use of an unlock code.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You made a code because it's impossible you didn't. The phone will not let you make a fingerprint unlock without an backup code. Remember it. If you don't there's no way to unlock it. Even factory resetting the device, it will ask you for the Google account you used to activate it, so you also need to remember that.