I don't know if I clicked something while my phone was in my pocket, but for some reason the update started and finished way before I was even aware it was happening, so I had no time to back up my most recent files.

Going back on my files, everything is still there except my videos. Is there anyway to get them back, as there is a video on there that is particularly special to me?

Many thanks in advance.
    07-10-2018 06:11 AM
    I don't know if I clicked something while my phone was in my pocket, but for some reason the update started and finished way before I was even aware it was happening
    You get a fixed number of chances to say no to an update, then it ifnores you and updates anyway.

so I had no time to back up my most recent files.
    Now you know - they should be backed up as soon as possible. Since the phone was in your pocket, you had time before you put it into your pocket to make sure they were backed up to the cloud.

Going back on my files, everything is still there except my videos. Is there anyway to get them back
    Not unless the phone is already rooted and you already have a file undelete app installed.

But ... were they really deleted? Use your file manager to look for them. If you find them with the file manager, they're still there, just not in the media database. A restart should fix that.

And if they are gone, and they were they on an SD card, PhotoRec will get them back (instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step).

But if they were in internal storage, and didn't back up automatically, and are gone, I'm afraid they're really gone.
    07-10-2018 01:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are these videos taken using your Camera app, or did you download them from somewhere? Were they saved to Internal Storage or an SD card?
    07-10-2018 01:25 PM