Hello! I have an extremely strange problem and I've done a lot of research and I'm at my wits end. I recently switched phone carriers from Virgin to MetroPCS, and got replaced my iPhone with a Huawei Mate SE.
    Whenever I am home, where I have spotty service, I get endless, I mean, ENDLESS voicemail notifications, but with no actual voicemails and no missed calls. At least 20 per hour. This happens outside the home too but not at the same insane rate. The notification is coming from the 805-637-7243 number, which I've read is also the T-mobile back door VM number, making it impossible to block (I've tried).

I recently did some more troubleshooting and found someone suggesting to go to settings, apps, and clear the data for the phone app. Problem is that this phone doesn't have a phone app. I've also tried replacing my VM number with another (tried a bunch of 0s), which resulted in immediately getting 2 VM notifications from that new number. This suggests that I'm not actually getting called by a spam number, but that my voicemail is calling itself/trying to tell me something.

The last thing, which is really creepy, is that I did text that old number telling it to please stop calling me, and the contact picture that Huawei automatically gave it was like this creepy-looking smiley face. I immediately called metro because I was terrified I was being scammed in an unsafe way. They were no help at all and essentially told me to change my number (the whole reason I switched to metro was so I could keep my number, so this wasn't an answer I was hoping for).

Does anyone have any insight into this before I completely go insane? Do I just switch carriers and hope that will solve the problem because it will allow me to block the number? Or is there something wrong with my VM that I can fix? I really really appreciate any help people can provide
    07-19-2018 04:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! All phones have a Phone app -- you probably just can't see it at first because the Settings>Apps menu is set to hide system apps. In the Settings>Apps menu, tap the menu button and then Show System. You can find the Phone app there (or it might also be called Dialer).

Also, see what happens if you go through the voicemail setup process again. Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings>Voicemail, and look at the setup options there. Is there anything else besides the option to enter the voicemail number?
    07-21-2018 06:20 PM
    As far as the calls go, someone is spoofing the number. If you can't block it on your phone, use a call-blocking app. Most of them will block any number. (The phone will still ring once - a call block needs the callerID, and that's sent between the 1st and 2nd rings.)
    07-22-2018 01:57 PM