My Samsung S8 plus device got updated automatically, since i made this changes, the main screen sensor doesn't work, (no auto rotation, no light dim while putting phone on ear) i just bought this mobile 5 months ago, now its totally useless for me, can someone please help out how to get rid out of this problem, if anyone faced the same one.
    08-14-2018 01:46 AM
    It doesn't sound like a hardware problem as the sensors above your screen for lighting and proximity sensor are separate from the accelerometer that controls which direction to display your phone. I know you won't like to hear this but it sounds like you need to wipe the phone/reset to factory. This should fix it, if not, then it will at least tell you if it actually is a hardware problem.
    08-14-2018 01:58 AM
    It is possible for an update to physically damage the phone. I have had it happen to me personally with a failed update. Not only did it basically brick the phone, but it made it so the cellular part of it no longer worked (found this out after a lot of ROM work to get it booting again). It made it so it could no longer make calls or receive data. All of this was confirmed by AT&T as well as my local Samsung Reps in my city. So, that is why I recommend wiping it because if the update failed, you will have your answer (and of course it also may fix the issue if it is a software problem).
    08-14-2018 02:02 AM
    Before wiping the phone, try to boot to safe mode to see if the issue stays.
    08-14-2018 03:20 AM