This is a very odd issue that I haven't been able to find any precedent for online. The microphone on my Galaxy S6 Edge doesn't pick up my voice while calling on the default Phone app, but when using WhatsApp, Skype, Discord, Snapchat, or anything else, the microphone works fine. The mic obviously works, but it's as though I've muted myself on regular calling.

If anyone knows how to fix this, it'd be greatly appreciated.
    09-03-2018 12:00 PM
    Does this persist in Safe Mode?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...4&share_type=t
    09-03-2018 12:45 PM
    First, check the phone app - when it's running there should be a Mute icon. If there's a line running through the icon (usually diagonally), you are muted. Tap the icon to unmute.

Then, are you using the speakerphone or the internal mic for WhatsApp, Skype, Discord, Snapchat, etc? There are 2 mics, one near (or on) the bottom for use when you're holding the phone to your head, one near the top for speakerphone. If the apps are working on speakerphone, try turning the speakerphone on in the Phone app and see if that works. Localize the problem first.

And I assume that you've already restarted the phone - that cures a lot of problems.
    09-03-2018 04:06 PM