My battery drop instantly from 15% to 0%

Sallybebo

Sep 4, 2018
Visit site
I bought my s8 13 months ago. Since one month, its battery started to drop instantly without using the phone from 15% to 3% to 0%.
I wiped the cach , and uninstalled chrome as recommended by my friend but the problem still exist. Facebook application is installed.
Could you pleade recommend any action in order to solve this issue?

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
I don't think it's a problem with Chrome. Did you look in the Settings what apps are using most of the battery? If you haven't already done so, you can restart your phone. This can in many cases solve battery issues when the cause is a misbehaving app. Alternatively, you can reset your phone, but note that this will delete ALL data from your phone - be sure to back everything important up. If you think it's a hardware issue, you can also bring your phone to the place where you bought it and ask them to try to repair this (this may be free if your warranty is still valid, but you should ask them for the exact price). Before bringing your phone back to the place where you bought it, back everything important up because they sometimes reset your phone to factory settings during/after repairs (though this depends on the exact issue with your phone).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Could you pleade recommend any action in order to solve this issue?
Have the battery replaced. (I think Samsung charges $60 for that if you're in the US.)

In the future remember - lithium batteries last longest if you charge them to 80% and don't let them drop below 40%. Constantly letting them drop to 15% (and I suspect that you're letting it drop even lower) kills them quickly.

Now it sounds as if your battery is developing a dendrite (see Lithium Battery Dendrite links if you're interested), and it has to be replaced.