I have a Google Pixel and just updated to version 9. Before the update, I was able to have notifications for each app separately where some would simply give me a dot at the top of my screen as well as sound and others would give me a dot with no sound. I was also able to change the sounds for each notification. I can't seem to figure out how to do that with the new version. I want to know that I have a new email, but I don't want my phone to ping a notification sound for each new email (it is going off constantly!). I only seem to be able to turn notifications on or off completely. Please help.
    09-05-2018 10:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Gmail app, or a 3rd party email app? If it's Gmail, open the app, tap Menu>Settings, then tap your email account. You can adjust general notification behavior with Inbox Notifications, and also customize the behavior for individual labels under Manage Labels.
    09-05-2018 11:04 AM
    I have a similar problem. At Bat app is making notification sounds after updating to Android 9 on Pixel. According to settings in the app, sound is off. It isn't.
    09-08-2018 03:43 PM
    Go to Settings>Apps, select AtBat, then Notifications, then tap either of the notification categories (Media Notifications or News & Updates Notifications -- tap the actual words, not the checkboxes), and see if the Behavior is shown as Make Sound. Change that to Show Silently instead.
    Blaize19 likes this.
    09-09-2018 02:36 AM