Since my cell updated I can't do a whole lot with it anymore. Changed some of my programs and hasn't taken up most of my 4G space.
    How can I uninstall the latest updates? If I factory restore the phone while under contract will I still be able to use the cell like normal and not have to call Verizon for a possible rebook up? And how do I stop these updates.. I have a Samsung J7.
    09-30-2018 08:16 PM
    I meant to say that the updates have change some of my programs and HAS taken up most of the 4G space.
    09-30-2018 08:20 PM
    There's no "4G space". 4G is a communications protocol - the only "space" it takes is bandwidth in the air.

As for updates, you can't "downdate", you have to reflash the older ROM, and doing that gives you the phone you got out of the box, since the ROM doesn't have any music, pictures, documents, videos, apps, etc., you've put on it since you got it. So you have to back up everything (see Backing up an Android Device). Then to flash the ROM, see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

And no, there's nothing you can do about updates, except rooting the phone (which takes up a bit of storage space). But a 16GB phone is getting a bit small today. You could add an SD card for all your music, pictures, documents, videos, etc. (everything but your apps) to free up some space, but half the space in the phone is being taken by the system these days (it's about 8GB), so what you really need is a larger phone. I'd go for at least 64GB to keep this from happening in another few years. (Or 128GB if you can afford it.)
    10-01-2018 01:48 PM