Why does my Galaxy 7 edge get a rainbow/static strip across the screen and restarts?

Foams x Retros

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
Hello, I have an Samsung galaxy 7 edge and I have a problem where the while im using it itll get a rainbow strip across the screen and freeze and restart the phone if im watching a video itll make a long beep until its reset itself would anyone the cause of this and how I could fix this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Why? Because something is crashing. Without more diagnosis, I can't tell you what. But restart the phone in safe mode (https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008 - it works the same for any carrier) and see if it stops happening. If it does, it's an app you installed. Just restart to get out of safe mode. (Again - I can't tell you which one. Back them all up [Apk Extractor], uninstall them all, then add them back one at a time [just find the apk file with My Files and tap it - that will install it] and use the phone for a while to see if it happens, If it doesn't, install the next one. Or go the other way - after backing them all up, uninstall the last one you installed and see if it stops. If not, uninstall another one. When it stops, the last one you uninstalled is the culprit. Install the rest of the ones you uninstalled.)

If it still happens in safe mode, the phone has a problem - and needs a good repair shop.