My phone has a notification saying memory full. It wont let me take photos. I went thru and deleted several of my pictures. When I restarted my phone it said android is starting... optimizing app 1 of 20. This may take longer depending on apps. It usually doesn't say that. When I go to storage, under miscellaneous there is a file that says system data that is taking up 3gb. I usually would delete all the files in misc but this one makes me a little nervous. When I do delete stuff this file takes up that space. When I go to apps it says system 328 mb, apps 349mb, free 208mb. Please help.
    10-28-2018 04:47 PM
    First, pictures backed up to Drive aren't on the phone, only thumbnails of them are, and thumbnails are tiny.

Second, he phone storage is partitioned into many partitions. Userdate is the only partition you have access to, and where you store your pictures, apps, downloads, etc. So 200GB of system data wouldn't make any difference (if you had 200GB of system partitions).

Miscellaneous is data your apps are storing - like game scores, etc.

If you want to see how much space you have, install a terminal app (I use Terminal Emulator for Android ). ype

du

and look at the result. userdata is the partition you can use, and you'll see the total size and amount used. It's not the advertised size of your phone, it's a lot less. The rest of the partitions are used for things the phone meeds to run - Linux, Android, Recovery, Bootloader, etc.
    10-28-2018 06:16 PM