Hi.

Have a quick question regarding getting wifi access on my Android phone.
    I normally use free wifi access (when needed) taking mt laptop to a Starbucks or the Local Library.

Now I require Internet Access considerably more. Planning to get high-speed wireless internet (wifi) access with an ISP Provider at my apartment. Will rent the ISP's modem/router and other equipment where necessary.

After my connection is activated on my PC Laptop, I also want to use my phone to connect using the same wifi network.

(Q) Will my wireless network be publicly broadcast in wifi settings (on my phone) once activated by the ISP?

Thanks.
    TC.
    11-06-2018 07:35 AM
    If I understand you right, yes: other devices will find it when searching, if in range.
    11-06-2018 07:41 AM
    Yes. The WiFi you will have in your apartment will broadcast what's called an SSID. This will usually be printed on the side or back of the modem/router provided by your ISP.
    Simply look for this SSID in your available wireless connections on your laptop, phone, XBox, or any other wireless device you have. It will be no different than connecting to the public WiFi at the library or Starbucks.
    belodion likes this.
    11-06-2018 07:44 AM
    Thanks all for the quick feedback.
    I assume when I setup a wpa2 password, this ID be used to login on both laptop & Android phone.

Thanks.
    TC.
    11-07-2018 08:37 AM