My message app opens on recent conversations, but the compose button (+) has disappeared, so can't send a text to multiple people. How do I get it back? I've never had this happen before. Closing the app and restarting the phone doesn't help.
    11-06-2018 10:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which messaging app? Can you show us a screenshot? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html. Also, make sure no identifying information is in the screenshot (like email addresses or phone numbers) for your privacy.
    11-06-2018 10:38 AM
    Compose button disappeared on message app-screenshot_-marked.jpg

It is the regular text message program that came with the phone, and LG Stylo 3.
    11-06-2018 01:00 PM
    Sorry, I meant a screenshot of the Messages app after you've opened it. Is it Google's own Android Messages app, or some stock LG app? If it's the Google one, you should see a Start Chat button at the lower right on the main screen.
    11-06-2018 04:07 PM
    Yes, it is Google's message app.Compose button disappeared on message app-zzzzscreenshot.jpg
    11-07-2018 01:02 PM
    Tap the Start Chat button to create a new message thread. To create a group text thread, enter an initial contact name, and then tap the Add People button at the right of the recipient line, then keep entering contacts to add to the group.
    11-07-2018 10:07 PM
    That wasn't working because I was touching the circular icon beside the name instead of the name itself, which was giving me the edit screen for the name.My older phone had a "+" button that I thought this one had too, but had disappeared. D'oh! Thank you so much for so politely overcoming my stupidity!!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-08-2018 03:07 PM