I have a Pixel 2XL, on the fi network, running Android Pie, and have an irritating issue.

The "default" background image (i.e. the one that shows up on the home screen if I don't set a theme) appears on ALL screens, even if I set up a theme (which only seems to affect the home and lock screens).

This is very irritating - especially on apps like Maps, where it looks like there is a radar beam shooting out from the upper part of the screen. I can't seem to find a way to turn it off, or to have my theme applied universally.

Am I missing something here? I just want a simple display backgroy, not something that forces itself through all applications, irrespective of what I set.

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Dave
    11-10-2018 12:44 PM
    Interestingly, the problem doesn't seem to be captured in a screenshot... So I have no idea where it is coming from...

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails How to remove default background on app screens?-screenshot_20181110-103801.jpg   How to remove default background on app screens?-screenshot_20181110-102007.jpg  
    11-10-2018 01:23 PM
    If it's a bit faint, it's burned into the screen, and there's nothing you can do about it but replace the screen if it bothers you enough. (The older 2XLs were prone to screen burn-in.) Also reduce the screen brightness. Use Android Assistant to set it ("set screen brightness to 40%") to different brightness levels and use the one that's lowest and still comfortable. (I use about 30% indoors, but 100% if sunlight is shining on the screen is barely bright enough.) Adaptive brightness is okay - but I find that even after all this time (and using it for a week or two, so it "adapts"), it still sets the screen brighter than I prefer. (Lower brightness prevents urn-in, and it uses less battery.)
    11-11-2018 11:53 AM