I have been a windows then iphone user and tried Android 5 months ago hardware was amazing however the problem i had with the sound notifications hence why i returned the phone and went back to iPhone

Ill try to explain, i use facebook messenger, business skype, whats app however at that time they just used the system notification sound so without physically picking up my phone i did not know what the notification was.

Yes i downloaded another app to make it force each app to make a certain sound but that app would not be muted even if i muted the phone and the sound as i do this a lot at work.

So is it the case andriod still has this issue as I would love to jump back to Andriod and stop paying the silly iPhone prices.
    11-14-2018 05:37 AM
    Welcome to the forums. You don't need to download another app, you can change the notification sound in each app own settings. In most apps the process is similar to this, open the app - tap the three dots top right or hamburger icon top left - settings - notifications.

You can select one of the sounds preinstalled in the phone or previously download different ones using apps like Zedge, web sites or personal tones that someone shared with you.

And not only that. Most messaging apps will let you set different tones depending on the type of message you get. For example, I have three different tones for WhatsApp, one preinstalled for group chats, one personal for individual chats and a music I downloaded for calls. The only thing to remember is that in most recent phones you need to move any tone that you download to the Ringtones folder, so the system can recognise it.
    11-14-2018 08:31 AM