I have transitioned from IOS to Android and I am experiencing massive difficulty to get my phone to notify me for new E-mail on Gmail, WhatsApp notification, Facebook Messenger, Line and Gmail Calendar notifications. It is somewhat ridiculous. Notifications are erratic and it is impeding productivity. I am somewhat shocked at how such a basic smartphone capability could fail on a platform that is already more than 10 years old.
    11-18-2018 09:32 AM
    The main thing I have learnt is things just happen with iOS with Android everything needs a concerted effort to make it work
    11-18-2018 10:45 AM
    This could be due to battery optimization efforts. The OS could be sleeping the apps in question, causing them to not poll for items to notify you about. You can go into your battery or app settings (depends on the device and OS version) and set the apps in question to not be optimized so they never get forced to sleep.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    11-18-2018 11:43 AM
    Many Android users have been experiencing the exact same issue for months (if not years), and Google doesn't seem to care. If you want instant notifications for all your apps, you should definitely get an iPhone. If you are unfortunately stuck with an Android phone, see the thread below for some potential remedies:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/an...d-stopped.html
    11-18-2018 10:05 PM