Does One Button Navigation on the MotoG5 Work Better on Nougat than Oreo

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

One button Navigation works very rarely on my MotoG5, Is it necessary to setup the fingerprint sensor before it works normally. Does it work better on Nougat? I cleaned the fingerprint sensor. I just got the phone used in excellent shape, everything else works well. As a temporary fix, I am using a free, adfree app from Google Play called X Home Bar Free. After turning on I Button Nav to remove the navigation icons from the screen, I then use the small (adjustable) X Bar (takes about 10 sec. to appear after the G5 boots up) at the bottom of the screen which performs the left, right, home functions perfectly, within the confines of the small bar itself. If I can't get 1 Button Nav working again, this seems like a better alternative. Thanks, Ken.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
One button nav worked okay on Nougat and Oreo, no difference on my Moto G5. I stopped using it after fitting a glass screen protector as my finger would not run smoothly across the cutout in the screen saver.

Ken Kline

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Kodak2, please forgive me for not replying sooner, I was unable to find your reply until now. Interesting your comment about the screen protector. I recently bought a custom made screen protector for the MotoG5 from Best Buy, I can see how little room there is for swiping, I'll keep working on it or go back to my X-Home Bar Lite app which uses battery, my only hesitation in using it regularly. I don't mind the on-screen navigation buttons if nothing else works. Thanks, Ken.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21