My camera stopped working with a 'camera fail' notification. I also am unable to turn on or off the flashlight due to notification stating that the camera light is being used by another app. Due to trying to fix this issue, I have also reset settings and Instagram uses the drive instead of the stock gallery which will also not allow me to upload more than one photo. Please help! I've been trying so many different things !
    11-30-2018 11:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Some app you installed that has Camera permission is probably glitching and inappropriately keeping the camera occupied. See if the problem persists in Safe Mode. If it doesn't, then start uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away. Focus on apps that have Camera permission.
    12-01-2018 01:05 AM
    If the camera module failed with the light held by the camera, it's going to stay that way until you have the camera module replaced.
    12-01-2018 11:42 AM
    My camera says WARNING CAMERA FAILED as well as Cant turn on Flashlight. Camera light being used by other app. So far putting it into safe mode worked so I don't know what else the problem could be. Verizon Tech sent me to ASSURION and they are reviewing a claim to get a free phone now. Hopefully they figure out what happened
    06-19-2019 09:35 AM
    My camera says WARNING CAMERA FAILED as well as Cant turn on Flashlight. Camera light being used by other app. So far putting it into safe mode worked so I don't know what else the problem could be. Verizon Tech sent me to ASSURION and they are reviewing a claim to get a free phone now. Hopefully they figure out what happened
    07-21-2019 06:21 PM
    if your phone was also getting extremely hot during that time cuz you got hacked someone was using your camera to look through and see the surroundings you should probably check to make sure you don't have an extra calculator in your apps usually an extra calculator means it's got hidden apps in it probably hacking apps
    07-21-2019 06:24 PM