A New Station Alert Has Arrived

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just the other day a random male voice (not Google voice) comes through saying "a new station alert has arrived". It pops up at least 6-10 times during the day. I can't find anything on on Google except for the same problem happening to someone with an iPhone. I tried to follow the steps they suggested (just the Android version) to no avail.

I've talked to Samsung and they went through a bunch of settings but the problem persists.

I'm at wits end. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Nobgdl76

Dec 9, 2018
Visit site
I had the same issue crop up yesterday. The announcement came every 30 minutes or so. Ridiculous. With quick search found a similar reported problem related to iHeartRadio app. I don't have that app, but I do have TuneIn. Went into the settings INSIDE THE APP (press gear button) and found a notifications setting that was on. Tapped it off. Haven't heard the alert since. May be that app or other radio app you have installed. Hope this helps!

homwigs

Dec 10, 2018
Visit site
Thank you all. I think I figured it out. I had TuneIn (which I uninstalled) but the problem still persisted. I had a transit map app installed (CityMapper) and uninstalled that as well. Still getting the "voice". I then went through all my apps and landed on my weather app (CBS7) and turned notifications off then decided it wasn't worth it and uninstalled that as well. I haven't heard the "voice" today yet. Keeping fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jraejess

Dec 11, 2018
Visit site
Hello all! I am so glad that I am not the only one having the issue. I also found the iPhone article and did the steps but that did not work. I called Verizon tech support and they had no idea what to do.

1. The only music apps I have on my phone are Pandora and Google play music.
2. The only GPS app I have on my phone besides the Google maps is WAZE.
3. I have cleared all history and cookies.
4. I have reset all settings.
5. I do not get any notifications with the voice.
6. The only weather apps I have are WIFR Weather (local weather), Storm Radar, and NOAA Weather Radio.

I am going to check the notification settings for the NOAA Radio app and see if that works since there was mention of a weather app causing the issue.

Thanks for all the input fellow Android users!

PS: I have the Samsung Galaxy S9+

DDbyrosey

Dec 11, 2018
Visit site
Hello all! I am so glad that I am not the only one having the issue. I also found the iPhone article and did the steps but that did not work. I called Verizon tech support and they had no idea what to do.

1. The only music apps I have on my phone are Pandora and Google play music.
2. The only GPS app I have on my phone besides the Google maps is WAZE.
3. I have cleared all history and cookies.
4. I have reset all settings.
5. I do not get any notifications with the voice.
6. The only weather apps I have are WIFR Weather (local weather), Storm Radar, and NOAA Weather Radio.

I am going to check the notification settings for the NOAA Radio app and see if that works since there was mention of a weather app causing the issue.

Thanks for all the input fellow Android users!

PS: I have the Samsung Galaxy S9+

Hi! I hear "the voice" as well. Started about a week ago and drives me nuts. He startles me awake in the middle of the night! And often throughout the day. I've followed all suggestions so far for Apple AND Android. I have samsung note 9. So now I've undone all my settings only to find out it was none of those. I still hear "the voice". Can someone please make it stop?

Last edited by a moderator:

Acefreeman

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
The message you hear is an advertisement that is embedded in a App that you have allowed/loaded on your phone. Interestingly enough...the message is able to bypass phone securities and personal settings and with a vivacious outcry...awaken one.
Needless to say, it required removal of 4 different Apps (these apps were free with unlimited ads....which is where our problem arises).
It was found that the "New station alert" is a random ad that is infecting different Apps and is not partisan to any specific phone. Therefore....for resolve will require one to remove the Apps one has and clear history until the App the advertisement is attached with is deleted.
If possible.....and you remember what App you had been using prior to its sudden proclaimation....try removing that App first.
My prayers are with you.

SGGJ

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
Me too. I'm astonished at how little information is out there about this. This has to be widespread. What's really frustrating is it doesn't seem to do anything. Doesn't give a notification or open up an app. Just A new station alert has arrived.

I'll keep looking through my apps and see if there's anything I can delete that will make it quit.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Moto phone. I am eliminating one app a day that recently updated. Today it was Reddit and no "voice" so far.
BTW my Malwarebytes Premium app doesn't catch it.
Welcome to the forums. Have you checked if this "voice" left a record in the notification log? In most Moto devices you can create a widget after a long press on your home screen - widgets - scroll down until you find 'settings' - drag it to the screen - select 'notification log'.

Jack Christensen

Dec 17, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Have you checked if this "voice" left a record in the notification log? In most Moto devices you can create a widget after a long press on your home screen - widgets - scroll down until you find 'settings' - drag it to the screen - select 'notification log'.

Thanks for the tip, but it did not leave anything in the notification log.

Ytuni

Dec 23, 2018
Visit site
My Note 8 has been doing this for the past week or so. I don't remember downloading b.c. an update recently. Happens a couple times a day. I've cleaned, restarted, deleted apps.... make it stop!

SGGJ

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
Me too. I'm astonished at how little information is out there about this. This has to be widespread. What's really frustrating is it doesn't seem to do anything. Doesn't give a notification or open up an app. Just A new station alert has arrived.

I'll keep looking through my apps and see if there's anything I can delete that will make it quit.

Update - 12/26/18 - This stupid voice annoyed me for a while. And now it seems to have stopped. I think it's been a couple of weeks since I heard it. I'm really not sure the stopping had anything to do with anything I did.