A New Station Alert Has Arrived

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just the other day a random male voice (not Google voice) comes through saying "a new station alert has arrived". It pops up at least 6-10 times during the day. I can't find anything on on Google except for the same problem happening to someone with an iPhone. I tried to follow the steps they suggested (just the Android version) to no avail.

I've talked to Samsung and they went through a bunch of settings but the problem persists.

I'm at wits end. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Hailey Castaneda

Jan 3, 2019
Visit site
My friend Richard Larsen of Grimes, Iowa had this same exact problem and it seems that Pandora was having a glitch that caused the random announcement. He uninstalled it and ever since it has been fine. He put the app back on to see what would happen and he has still yet to hear the "voice". Hope that helps anyone else!

A

Android Central Question

New station alert has arrived

Go to settings>apps>pandora> notifications > turn off "news & alerts.
I kept getting them and I tried this and haven't gotten anything since. Hope it helps

Jill Oldenkamp

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
Just the other day a random male voice (not Google voice) comes through saying "a new station alert has arrived". It pops up at least 6-10 times during the day. I can't find anything on on Google except for the same problem happening to someone with an iPhone. I tried to follow the steps they suggested (just the Android version) to no avail.

I've talked to Samsung and they went through a bunch of settings but the problem persists.

I'm at wits end. Can anybody help?

Thanks

I had this problem too. Go to settings> click apps>pandora >click on notifications > then turn off "news & alerts"

Last edited by a moderator:

definition celery

Jan 8, 2019
Visit site
My friend Richard Larsen of Grimes, Iowa had this same exact problem and it seems that Pandora was having a glitch that caused the random announcement. He uninstalled it and ever since it has been fine. He put the app back on to see what would happen and he has still yet to hear the "voice". Hope that helps anyone else!

I live in Grimes, Iowa as well. Could there be a connection to that? I don't have pandora, but this voice frightens me. I've noticed that whenever the Life 360 notification pops up when it is updating my location, the voice sometimes plays. Not always, but it's happened multiple times this past week.

Jerm29

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
I am receiving this alert several times a day. I do not have any of the aps which others have indicated as a problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Following one of the suggestions, I check developer options>running services regularly. Nothing there that seems to be the problem. I have turned off all notifications and the alerts continue anyway. This is beyond aggravating and, as several have observed, there isn't much on the internet besides this thread.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Tell me how to do this. I have deleted apps. Turned off notifications. Deleted cookies. I have none of the apps listed. I can't take it!
Press the Power button as if to power off the device, then Long-press on the 'Power Off Phone?' message box that appears, and you'll be given the option to boot into Safe Mode. In that mode, third-party apps are disabled for diagnostic purposes.

To exit Safe Mode, do a normal Power Off & Restart.

Jerm29

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I am now in safe mode. These alerts disappear for awhile and then there might be several close together. So, unless I get an alert soon, it may be some time before I can be sure.

Jerm29

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
In safe mode for 24 hours and no 'new station alerts.' So, that means I need to investigate 3rd party aps which are turned off in safe mode. That will take some doing ...

Jerm29

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
After 24 hours in safe mode and no alerts, I exited safe mode and began uninstalling 3rd party aps. Kept getting the alert until I uninstalled a golf gps ap SwingU. Since uninstalling SwingU I have not received any more new station alerts. I'm not sure that any one particular ap can be identified as the culprit.

DJBoucher

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
For me, the voices started in December. I read through this thread and found CBS News apps or Pandora as the most likely culprits. I removed both and the voice has stopped. Should have done one at a time to narrow it down to the actual offender, but regardless removing these two apps solved the issue.

loiselles

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
This is a widespread issue that has been reported by Android and Apple users. I've read quite a few posts on a number of forums and there doesn't seem to be anyone who really knows what causes this. I have a Galaxy S9 and don't use any of the apps that people have been guessing as the source of the message. What's odd is that I hear the voice announcement but there is nothing in the notifications panel on my phone that relates. I am looking for the latest suggestions on this matter.

labailey53

May 26, 2019
Visit site
I've been getting the a new station alert has arrived message now for about 4 days too. I haven't added any new apps, haven't changed anything at all but it is getting VERY ANNOYING and I want to know how to shut it up or else I'll be throwing this phone in the garbage. It woke me up from a sound sleep, scared the stuffing out of me, to hear a strange voice talking to me while asleep.

PLEASE tell us how to get rid of it.

Sunciti1

Jul 14, 2019
Visit site
If you have a local news or weather station app installed on your phone, this is almost certainly the cause. You won't be able to stop it by turning the notifications off through the settings on the phone. You need to open the app, then the settings inside the app and turn off notifications inside it. That should stop it.