A New Station Alert Has Arrived

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just the other day a random male voice (not Google voice) comes through saying "a new station alert has arrived". It pops up at least 6-10 times during the day. I can't find anything on on Google except for the same problem happening to someone with an iPhone. I tried to follow the steps they suggested (just the Android version) to no avail.

I've talked to Samsung and they went through a bunch of settings but the problem persists.

I'm at wits end. Can anybody help?

Thanks

SGGJ

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
If you have a local news or weather station app installed on your phone, this is almost certainly the cause. You won't be able to stop it by turning the notifications off through the settings on the phone. You need to open the app, then the settings inside the app and turn off notifications inside it. That should stop it.

I HOPE THAT'S IT!!!! I opened up my local news weather channel thingy, and in the settings there's a setting for "Station Alerts". So I just turned it off. Here's hoping!

Hoffnagle

Dec 2, 2020
Visit site
Why does the phrase “a new station alert has arrived” randomly occur on my new Samsung iPhone?

For three weeks I tried to figure this out. Verizon and Samsung technical support personnel were not helpful. I believe the solution to the problem is as follows:

1. Open each weather app on your phone individually. Deactivation of Notifications using Settings>Apps does not work.

2. After opening each weather app individually, use the 3-bar setting usually in the upper right corner to access alerts or notifications. Close out all alerts/notifications for each location (cities) listed in your app. Weather Bug App is particularly suspect.

3. My Apple Iphone gives me weather alerts but not with the annoying male voice.

Hope this solves your problem.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why does the phrase “a new station alert has arrived” randomly occur on my new Samsung iPhone?

Hi. What Samsung phone are you using. I don't think you meant to say Samsung iPhone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does the phrase “a new station alert has arrived” randomly occur on my new Samsung iPhone?

For three weeks I tried to figure this out. Verizon and Samsung technical support personnel were not helpful. I believe the solution to the problem is as follows:

1. Open each weather app on your phone individually. Deactivation of Notifications using Settings>Apps does not work.

2. After opening each weather app individually, use the 3-bar setting usually in the upper right corner to access alerts or notifications. Close out all alerts/notifications for each location (cities) listed in your app. Weather Bug App is particularly suspect.

3. My Apple Iphone gives me weather alerts but not with the annoying male voice.

Hope this solves your problem.

Welcome to Android Central! I merged this into the existing thread on the topic.

CassySak333

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
Just today, I was so lucky and so very happy to have discovered exactly what this is, and exactly where this is coming from.

If you have THE FOX NEWS AND WEATHER APP DOWNLIADED onto your phone, Go to find it by pressing down on it and holding it until the little window appears and says "Locate App", then you slightly tap it after it jumps up at you to show to you where it is. So, after youve officially found it amognst al of your other apps, just tap on "UNINSTALL". Get rid ofbit for good‼ Yes, itt is that FOX NEWS APP that shows the weather, thats says "A NEW STATION ALERT HAS ARRIVED"

Mimem2

Oct 3, 2021
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I just found the problem on my phone. It's a weather app to a local TV station. I went into the setting of the app under notification settings, to Station Sounds. Under the word ANNOUNCE there was a check by it and when I tapped on it I immediately heard in that familiar voice "A NEW STATION ALERT HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!! I checked NO SOUND, then backed out if it by tapping Done at top of page until I was out. I PRAY THIS FIXED IT!