I've got a Nexus 7 tablet running Android 6.0.1, and I'm having trouble with some weird behavior with the Assistant's Voice Match settings.

I've got the latest version of the Google app (8.59.7.21.arm) and in the Voice>Voice Match>Access with Voice Match setting, I only see 'Access your Assistant any time you say 'Ok Google' when your screen is on'. When I downgrade the Google app to the factory stock version, I see 'Access your Assistant any time you say 'Ok Google' when your screen is on or when your phone is charging'. This is what I want, I wanna be able to use the assistant while the screen is off but the tablet is charging, but preferably in the latest version of the Google app. From everything I see online, it seems like this should be possible?

The weird thing is when I set up the Assistant fresh on the newest version of the Google app, it tells me I'll be able to use it 'even when my screen is off', but then I'm not actually given that option when it comes down to it.

You guys have any ideas? Thanks so much!
    12-09-2018 09:36 AM