I have an LG Stylo2 from Virgin Mobile that has their own voicemail app installed.

I don't like it, I have no use for it because it doesn't have any features I need and it doesn't work half the time anyway.

I've tried to use a different voicemail app, but they wont work because there is no way to disconnect or delete the Virgin voicemail app off the phone. Virgin mobile claims there is no way to "turn off" their voicemail app, even though I've read articles online that claim it's possible, but don't state how to do it.

Is there any way to get around using the Virgin voicemail for one that actually works?
    12-10-2018 08:31 AM
    Try long-pressing 1 on the phone dial to get your voicemail. If that doesn't work, ask Virgin customer support (they may have to connect you to tech support) for the phone number for your voice mail, and enter that as a quick dial for 1. (That's the industry standard for voice mail - long-press 1.)
    12-10-2018 12:08 PM
    Rukbat has you pointed in the right direction.

The voicemail system is controlled by your carrier, in this case Virgin Mobile. The two options are usually (1) use the VM app that the carrier gives you, or (2) use the keypad interface by dialing into the VM system.
    12-11-2018 04:56 AM