When I long press on the homescreen (which normally would display shortcut to app trash, wallpaper settings etc) the screen turns off. This just started happening recently.
    12-22-2018 05:17 PM
    Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have and which launcher are you using?
    12-22-2018 05:21 PM
    I have a lg fortune 2 and it started turning off when i long press on the home screen.
    01-22-2019 05:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's completely powering down, or is it just the screen that's going to sleep?
    01-22-2019 05:25 PM
    I have a LG Stylo 4 and returned the first cell for this very reason. Its replacement worked just fine until yesterday. A LONG PRESS on the Home Screen turn my screen off (which causes the cell to lock).

UPDATE: "Seemingly randomly, I can no longer pull down Notifications or activate either the 'round' home or 'square' recent buttons without a reboot!!"

This second behaviour seems directly related to solely un/plugging in the factory-provided charger cord! This instance is both consistent and repeatable.
    02-07-2019 11:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does that also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37693

I merged two similar threads.
    02-10-2019 04:04 AM
    Did you enable direction lock or tap lock?
    02-10-2019 07:24 AM
    Does that also happen in Safe Mode?
    Thank you for the reply and the suggestion!! Yes, the behavior persists even in Safe Mode.
    02-11-2019 02:57 AM
    Did you enable direction lock or tap lock?
    Thank you for the reply and the suggestion!! I am not sure what you mean, but I have it set to only use the Power Button to power off my cell. I know of no such setting to turn off my screen outside of Timeout.
    02-11-2019 03:03 AM
    UPDATE #2 : One issue solved? And another rears it's ugly head!!

Every so often, either unlocking my cell or exiting an app, I'd be presented with options to choose for a Homes Screen. I finally settled on one, was already highlighted so tapped on Always Use (or whatever). NOW I can long tap/hold my Home Screen and it won't turn off my screen. YAY!

Now, however, I've found a way to consistently 'lock' my home and recent apps buttons along with the causing the inability to swipe down on notifications... simply by un/plugging my factory charger cord/adapter. HOWEVER, this is NOT the only way to produce this bizarre behavior! This issue belongs in a new(?) thread, however.
    02-12-2019 02:39 AM
    It sounds like you installed a 3rd party launcher app at some point. That app might include a feature that shuts off the screen when you long-press it. Now that it's working again, you probably changed the default launcher (aka Homescreen app) back to the stock launcher. Go to the system settings and search for a Home option. Select that, and see which options you have.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-12-2019 03:29 AM
    Nope! i am only using what i find under Settings, Display, Home. I have yet to delve into third party launchers as I do not find them at all necessary.
    02-12-2019 08:13 AM
    In that case it might have been EasyHome you were dealing with: https://www.androidcentral.com/using-easyhome-lg-g4
    PENchanter likes this.
    02-12-2019 10:40 AM