In attempting to power-off my recently acquired re-con Moto G5 Plus it fails to shut down but flashes on/off - ie the 'Moto' screen logo that initially shows on start-up lights up and goes out repeatedly. The on/off button is then unresponsive so that the phone remains flashing but cannot either be turned on or off, meanwhile the phone gets hot and the battery reduces. Eventually with continued attempts at pressing the on/off button I succeed in turning the phone back on. This has happened a few times and I am therefore currently leaving the phone turned on due to this shutdown problem but there is clearly a fault and I do need to be able to turn it off and on.
    01-20-2019 07:59 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! By "re-con," I assume you mean reconditioned, correct? It sounds like a bootloop, which could be a firmware or hardware issue.

First, if you have an SD card inserted, remove it and see if the problem persists. If it does, see if you can boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/m...recovery-mode/
    01-20-2019 01:43 PM