Hi!

Just bought the c432, and I really like it.

Had a lenovo ‘g550 2829’ before.

I know the c432 is a smaller screen than the lenovo, but the text/ font doesnt look sharp on the asus as is did on the lenovo. They are both 1366x768 so shouldnt they look the same? The colour of the asus screen is also not as saturated as the lenovo.

I would think my new asus would be a lot better screen-wise than my old lenovo or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Brgds
    Jens
    01-27-2019 05:42 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- this is the C423, from Costco, right? When I looked at that one in the store, I also noticed the screen was relatively dim, and the viewing angle is not very good. It may also be that the matte anti-glare finish makes it seem less crisp than the Lenovo, which has a glossy screen.

I haven't been able to find definitive information, but the type of screen might also be contributing to the difference. The C423 has an LED-backlit LCD screen, while I think the Lenovo has a full LED screen, the latter of which generally looks brighter and crisper.
    01-27-2019 01:17 PM
    Hi

Thanks for your reply

No its not from costco (but properly the same model)

The full model name is

ASUS CHROMEBOOK C423NA-BV0028

I dont think its dim actually, but the viewi g angles are a bit so so

My real issus is the sharpness of the text and the font (and colours).

Can anything bee done? Or best just to return and buy a non matte screen or ips (?)? Its all a bit confusing (id really like not to buy apple as its just too expensive and i quite like chromebook after using it)

Would full led with matte screen be a lot better?

Thanks for all your help

Brgds
    Jens
    01-27-2019 03:05 PM
    Display quality is one of those things that differs between models, so it may just be that the C423's isn't as good as others. Assuming you've already confirmed that the screen's resolution is set to 1366x768 (and not lower), you may want to consider returning your unit and looking for a model with a higher quality display.

Full LED is generally brighter and crisper than LED-backlit LCD, but again, it can depend on the quality of the display that's being used. If you can, always try to test out a device in person before buying. If that's not possible, make sure to read as many reviews as you can about it to see what they say about the display.
    01-27-2019 06:07 PM
    Hi!
    Thanks for your reply

Resultion is set to 1366x768
    Is there no way to make the text / font more sharp? + adjust colours somehow? At my work its quite easy to adjust the monitor's colour directly on the monitor (buttons)

brgds
    Jens
    01-28-2019 06:44 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. Chromebooks don't have any software settings to adjust the display, and I've never heard of one that has physical buttons or knobs to adjust it like you could on a standalone monitor.
    01-28-2019 11:29 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. Chromebooks don't have any software settings to adjust the display, and I've never heard of one that has physical buttons or knobs to adjust it like you could on a standalone monitor.

Thanks for reply

I am going to return it, and buy the acer r13 chromebook. tried it out today and the screen is much better that the asus c423, which is weird as i think they have the same level nits (220).

brgds
    Jens
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-29-2019 05:51 PM
    The main difference appears to be that the Acer's display is IPS, while the ASUS's isn't: Asus C423 14 inch Chromebook review - Chrome Computing. IPS can make a pretty big difference.
    01-29-2019 06:03 PM