How do I uninstall the new update on my Samsung mobile s9
    02-04-2019 09:35 AM
    You can't simply uninstall the update, its the direction Samsung has gone with their software and eventually you'll need to adapt to change.

You do have the option of flashing a ROM to the phone with Odin. You'll need to find a correct ROM for your variation of the S9, and hope it's stable. You will get Oreo back, but at the risk of bricking your phone if you mess up. It will also void your warranty, remove all data from the phone, and you will no longer get monthly security updates.

Personally I only flash ROMs to older devices that no longer receive updates and are long past their warranty.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-04-2019 09:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is there a reason why you want to uninstall the Pie update? If you're experiencing some issue, maybe you can give more details, and people in this community can make suggestions on how to solve the problem.
    02-04-2019 07:34 PM
    You do have the option of flashing a ROM to the phone with Odin. You'll need to find a correct ROM for your variation of the S9, and hope it's stable.
    No need to worry if it'll be stable - sammobile.com has the tools and files needed to flash the Samsung factory ROM. The result will be a device that will never see another security update unless allowed to update to OneUI/Pie again, and will be factory reset after flashing the ROM.
    02-04-2019 08:37 PM
    Hi,
    Since the new software update my autocorect and predictive text doesnt work properly at all.
    I went on every blog sites and i did everything suggested and it still doesnt work well like it used to.
    It is a real pain in the *** and i hate my phone now because i work with it so i write to ients all the time with it. It needs to work properly.
    Can anyone help me please?
    I am out of options
    Thank you
    Emily
    04-18-2020 07:09 PM
    Hi,
    Since the new software update my autocorect and predictive text doesnt work properly at all.
    I went on every blog sites and i did everything suggested and it still doesnt work well like it used to.
    It is a real pain in the *** and i hate my phone now because i work with it so i write to ients all the time with it. It needs to work properly.
    Can anyone help me please?
    I am out of options
    Thank you
    Emily
    Hi welcome !

You have to keep training with hitting the check mark for the words for couple days , it happened to me otherwise you can use Google Gboard.
    04-18-2020 07:37 PM
    Are you using the stock keyboard? Are you particularly fond of the keyboard you're using? Other keyboards have their own predictive text engines and personalized dictionaries, so you could try a different one. So far mustang7757 is the only one I know that likes the Samsung Keyboard. I kid but seriously I haven't found many that don't have at least a few complaints about it, then again nothing is perfect, but there is always better. SwiftKey and GBoard are the two, besides the Samsung Keyboard, that I hear the most about. I prefer GBoard.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-18-2020 10:42 PM
    Are you using the stock keyboard? Are you particularly fond of the keyboard you're using? Other keyboards have their own predictive text engines and personalized dictionaries, so you could try a different one. So far mustang7757 is the only one I know that likes the Samsung Keyboard. I kid but seriously I haven't found many that don't have at least a few complaints about it, then again nothing is perfect, but there is always better. SwiftKey and GBoard are the two, besides the Samsung Keyboard, that I hear the most about. I prefer GBoard.
    Lol..i go between both Samsung and Gboard but i do like Samsung keyboard.
    VidJunky likes this.
    04-18-2020 11:00 PM
    Ok thank you i will try that
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-19-2020 05:49 AM
    And yes i am using the stock keyboard and never had any issues with it before the last software update.
    04-19-2020 05:50 AM
    Ok thank you i will try that
    Ok let us know!
    04-19-2020 08:33 AM
    Try also clearing the cache and data from the Samsung Keyboard app in Settings>Apps​.
    04-19-2020 12:06 PM
    Ok so I tried the gboard and so far everything works. Only a little adjustment regarding the keyboard world/planet icon that I tap on by mistake when I want to tap the coma. But else than that I am happy the autocorrect works fine and it's cool cause I can write in French and English without having to switch my keyboard language and the autocorrect gets it super well. Thank you very much for the suggestion. I appreciate your help. I was soo desperate!!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-19-2020 03:12 PM
    I tried it. And it did do anything. I went on every blogs and tried every single tricks but nothing never worked.
    Uploading a new keyboard (gboard) was the only solution for me.
    04-19-2020 03:13 PM
    Try also clearing the cache and data from the Samsung Keyboard app in Settings>Apps​.
    I tried it. And it did do anything. I went on every blogs and tried every single tricks but nothing never worked.
    04-19-2020 03:15 PM
    Did you clear the system cache found on the boot up menu?
    04-19-2020 03:34 PM