Since I just applied this update, the whole UI has changed and I have gotten a new notification that I cannot get rid of.

The notification is from "Google Play Services" and is called "Your scanning settings"
    The details read:
    Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning are on. Your device may scan for Wi-Fi networks and nearby devices at any time, even when Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is off.

Well I have bluetooth and wifi always disabled, but can't find anywhere, where I can turn this scanning setting OFF.

Pressing on the notification makes it disappear for a second, then phone makes a notification sound and its back again.

Doing a quick google search, it appears that this is a known issue since 2018 for HuaWei phones and it is somehow linked to location settings, however I cannot find anything similar on my S9.

Please help!
    02-06-2019 11:08 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried using the search function in the System Settings menu? On my Pixel 2 XL running Pie, the scanning options are in Settings>Location>Advanced​.
    02-06-2019 11:59 AM
    Thanks - unfortunately there doesn't seem to be this option on a S9 with the OneUI update anymore.
    I tried disabling all sorts of location things and the scanning settings notification was still showing.

Any idea how to turn this off? (the scanning, not the notification)
    02-06-2019 03:36 PM
    There's no search function any more in the settings menu? Scanning is usually somewhere in the Location menu, but it might also be in the Wi-fi menu. Another place to check might be Developer Options. To make that menu available, go to Settings>About Phone​ and tap Build Number 7 times.
    02-06-2019 03:53 PM
    Go to the play store -> tap on hamburger icon -> select "Play Protect" Turn off Scan device" and then you can turn it back on.
    02-07-2019 03:25 PM
    Go to Settings - Biometrics and Security - Location - Improve Accuracy then turn off WiFi and bluetooth scanning.
    02-18-2019 07:59 PM
    This one bugged me for a while. None of the settings I found changed the behavior. However, I finally attempted to dismiss it by swiping it sideways. When I did that, it didn't return.
    02-23-2019 10:48 AM