Pair and use two bluetooth items at the same time.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Can I pair my Pixel 2 to a headset and a smartwatch at the same time and use them both?

I know when I get into my car and am wearing the headset, the two of them get cranky and refuse to pair until I turn off either the radio or the headset.

If I turn off the headset and get to my destination, pairing the headset requires a whole new round of pairing.

I just don't want to buy a smart watch with a heart rate indicator if I can't get them to play nice.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I think this depends on the watch. I have a Huawei Watch that, when only connected for notifications, works just fine when a headset is connected. The watch connects over BTLE unless you want to use it as an audio "destination". I want to believe that other WearOS-based watches work the same way, but I haven't tried others.

I actually think you CAN connect two Bluetooth devices at once, but only one is going to be the output (probably the first one to connect). I've actually forgotten and left my headset (Plantronics Voyager Legend) on when getting in the car, the Anker Roav B2 connected to my radio connected to my phone and seemed to work, and no acrobatics were needed to get the headset reconnected to my phone.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12