• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

charges it to 100% yesterday, didn;t use it. It's at 66% today

Visham Dookia

Mar 31, 2019
Visit site
I have a similar issue with the battery..it is draining fast...like for 8 mins on screen usage (brightness at 11%)..battery drains up to 2%... Is that good ? It last about 5 hours on screen usage....why is the battery so bad ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
5 hours of SOT isn't "so bad". But if you've been letting the battery discharge to lower than 40% regularly, that could be the reason. Either plug in the charger or turn the phone off when it drops to 39%.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat..another question...is 12 hours remaining for a 100% LG g7 okay ? My friend has samsung A series..and they have around 48 hours remaining..how is that mine does not have such readings
There could be many reasons for the difference. Does your friend have better signal strength from the mobile network of his carrier or his WiFi network? Is he using apps that are less data intensive than you are? If his coverage and usage is different than yours, then that could explain the difference in battery usage on his phone versus on yours.

Eric Bergeron

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
LG G7 latest updates have ruined it again. When it came out the home app was draining the battery, they fixed it. But about a month ago a series of updates broke it all again. It is absurd. The unused phone will drop 10, 30 50% in just a few hours.

Disappointing device support