So I'm trying to organize my thousands of photos right, but in my larger folders (1000+ photos), files are being duplicated for no reason. I don't even know if they're actually there, or if it just appears that way. But whatever the case, I don't know what to do about it. If they're not real, will deleting one of them result in the file being deleted completely? And its doing this with about 1 in 4 or more of them. For 1500+ pics. I really just have no clue how I'm supposed to fix it. Please help this is really bothering me.
    03-25-2019 07:59 PM
    Google's Files app may fix it. Among other things, it detects and then offers to delete duplicate photos. It's in the Play Store.
    https://files.google.com/

There are of course other similar apps.
    03-25-2019 08:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you be more specific about the duplicates? Are they duplicating within the same folder? If so, then are you sure the duplicates aren't actually thumbnails?

Or are the duplicates appearing in another folder? Remember that a directory with the word "emulated" in it might seem to be a duplicate of another similar directory, but they're the same thing -- it has to do with how the system storage works.
    03-26-2019 12:22 PM