Android folder screwing up my Note8

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Why does my Note8 keep creating a folder called Android in both my internal and SD card? I feel like this just started. In that folder are a ton of other folders. Basically one for each app on the phone. Anything I download on Chrome, goes to the Chrome folder. Camera pics go to the camera folder. Amazon Mp3s go to amazonmp3 folder and so on. I don't want these things in these folders. Images I download from Chrome won't show up in my gallery. I have to go to this android folder and move the file. I removed everything, and deleted the 2 folders but when I restart phone, they reappear and everything starts downloading to those folders again!! Is there a way to stop this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The /Android directory is automatically created by the system to save certain app data. But downloaded files should go primarily to the /Download directory, unless you specified otherwise. And the Camera app should save photos to the /DCIM/Camera directory.

For images you download, are you certain you're using Chrome, or are you using the Google search app? If the latter, go to Settings>Apps, select Google, then Permissions, and make sure Storage permission is turned on. If it's on, then files downloaded using the Google app should go to the /Download directory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar