What's with silver patch?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Around the sides of my screen on my Samsung Galaxy s5, a silver patch has appeared. Don't know if this is a screen defect or what, I've had my phone for 2-3 months now, never had a problem. Can anyone explain this or has anyone seen this previously?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Germano Dude87

Apr 2, 2019
Visit site
Hello again, don't know how I show up, but I am the one who asked the question. I was having trouble posting a pictute, but I have more info. I think I may know the problem, but first, listen. Imagine this. You set down your phone on a flat surface. Now, get eye-level with the charging port on your phone, so that you are looking across the phone. It appears that the screen is like this: edge |-____| edge

The screen seems to be like the hyphen, it is lifted up slightly higher than the rest of the screen. I can try and post a pic, but I need further assistance... I hope that someone will understand what I'm saying. Thanks for bearing with me, and sorry I took so long to reply!

Germano Dude87

Apr 2, 2019
Visit site
Ok, thanks (I asked the question). I cant afford a new phone, besides, I just got this one, and honestly, I don't mind the silver. What stinks is that I didn't drop the phone, it ACTUALLY started on its own! (Will the silver cause any other long-term problems?)