I am using an LG fiesta2 device and have been using a 16gb micro SDcard for about 6 months. Just recently, I have no longer been able to save/delete/move/copy any files to/from this card. I have attempted to format the card through my phone's settings, however, this didn't work. It didn't do anything, in fact, it didn't even erase any data at all. It was as if I hadn't even attempted to format the card. I then tried to format the card in a different way, by removing the micro card from my phone, inserting it into an adapter, and placing the adapter in my camera. Unfortunately, formatting via a different device wasn't the solution to my problem either, as the result of the second attempt was exactly the same as the result of the first. No data was deleted, no space was cleared. The only thing I have not tried is formatting via computer. Any suggestions?
    04-21-2019 03:26 PM
    I am using an LG fiesta2 device and have been using a 16gb micro SDcard for about 6 months. Just recently, I have no longer been able to save/delete/move/copy any files to/from this card. I have attempted to format the card through my phone's settings, however, this didn't work. It didn't do anything, in fact, it didn't even erase any data at all. It was as if I hadn't even attempted to format the card. I then tried to format the card in a different way, by removing the micro card from my phone, inserting it into an adapter, and placing the adapter in my camera. Unfortunately, formatting via a different device wasn't the solution to my problem either, as the result of the second attempt was exactly the same as the result of the first. No data was deleted, no space was cleared. The only thing I have not tried is formatting via computer. Any suggestions?
    Check to see if your Sd card encrypted?
    04-21-2019 03:33 PM
    It sounds more to me as if something in the card blew (there's a whole little computer in there), so you can't write to the card any more - moving, copying, formatting, nothing. It's now read-only.

If it's a SanDisk card, contact them at SanDisk Customer Care ("chat live" at the right). If not, good luck getting it replaced.
    04-21-2019 04:42 PM