Phone taking screenshots on it's own.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Samsung Galaxy s9 has been taking screen shots for a few days in a row now (once a day at all different times during the after noon) when no one is even touching my phone. The first few were screen shots of my lock screen and the last one was of my home screen.

At first I convinced myself I must have touched buttons by mistake but I heard the notification for the last one when my phone was alone on my desk.

I bought this phone new a year ago ish, no one else has used it but me. (except maybe family member for a few calls as i'm the only one in my house hold with a cell phone)

I have since hard rest my phone, and am in the process of changing all my passwords. but should I be worried?

Thanks.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This was happening to me carrying my phone in my pocket. Samsung has this feature where you swipe the screen to take screenshots. Some how I was swiping the screen, but when I tried to take screenshots that way could never get it to work. Lol. Another issue I had was screenshots by button press. The S10's power button is so high that it doors across from the volume rocker and pressing down and the power button takes a screenshot too. That one I was able to get to work. You should be able to turn off the swipe to screenshot, I'm pretty sure I read or heard that somewhere. I wouldn't worry if I were you but it never hurts to update your passwords.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer