What Is The Best Messenger App for Android?

JudyWilliam

May 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I am looking to change my messenger App. Looking for new and refreshing ideas. This is a very difficult choice to make as there are a lot of great messaging apps out there! I've personally used a few, but I cannot figure out which is the best.What do you like to use?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends on what you mean. SMS apps or actual IM apps? For IM apps, the best one would be the one where all your contacts are. I'm sure Whatsapp and WeChat and Telegram is great. But less than 10% of my contacts are on those and they're pretty stuck up with just keeping what they have, which is Facebook Messenger.
For an SMS app, get Textra or Google Messages if you don't like stock.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't like Google Messages, then stick with the well-established 3rd party apps like Textra or Chomp. Avoid apps that have fewer than a million downloads.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Of course, for the latest progress in RCS (which is the next thing after SMS texting), the Google app is always going to be the best, until the full implementation is done, which is a few years down the road. (Things like direct phone to phone texting, unlimited attachment size, etc.)